I am a Seattle based video game developer. I’ve served in key leadership roles on twelve major game projects from concept through post-production. My work, in collaboration with many talented developers, has delighted global audiences and earned wide international acclaim.
I am the founder of 20after1 (TAO) a Seattle based independent development collective exploring emerging technologies with clients like Google.
Previously I served as Development Director at Colabee Studios, an international collective of developers, storytellers and cultural experts on a mission to share and celebrate world culture through games. Prior to this, I served in dual roles as Studio Director and Creative Director on Never Alone which earned a coveted British Academy Award for Best Debut and was named Game of the Year from Games for Change in 2015.
I’m regarded as a natural leader and motivator, adept at all manner of interactive design, storytelling, and problem solving.
Additional career highlights:
- Studio Director of renowned game developer Crystal Dynamics. Oversaw development and operations of a 200+ person dev studio to release three major productions in the Tomb Raider series in three consecutive years.
- At Activision, I co-conceived and directed the cult-classic Interstate ‘76, served as Lead Game Designer on MechWarrior 2, and got to live out a childhood dream of working on a classic Activision game Pitfall, to help bring it to it’s 16-bit glory.
- Throughout my career I regularly provide independent design and development services to a variety of clients in the arts, education and entertainment industries under the 20after1 (TAO) banner. Clients include Google, Microsoft Studios, Square-Enix / Eidos, Digital Kitchen, Infogrammes, THQ, 8DIO, Total Immersion Software, S.F. Jazz Heritage Center, the UC Berkeley Center for Labor Research and Education and the Cook Inlet Tribal Council.
I hold a BA in Studio Fine Arts from the University of Southern California’s Roski School of Art & Design.
- The Forest Song (Release TBA), Development Director
- Never Alone: Foxtales (2015), Creative Director
- Never Alone (2014), Creative Director
- Tomb Raider: Underworld (2008), Studio Director
- Tomb Raider: Anniversary (2007), Studio Director
- Tomb Raider: Legend (2006), Studio Director
- Project: Snowblind (2005), Creative Director
- Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown (2003), Development Director
- Mech Warrior 4: Vengeance (2000), Design Consultant
- Slave Zero (1999), Creative Director
- Jet Moto 3 (1999), Design Consultant
- Interstate ’76: Nitro Pack (1998), Design Consultant
- Vigilante 8 (1998), Design Consultant
- Heavy Gear (1997), Design Consultant
- Interstate ’76 (1997), Creative Director
- Mech Warrior 2: Mercenaries (1996), Design Consultant
- Mech Warrior 2 (1995), Lead Game Designer
- Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (1994), Production and Design